Backup and Restore Office 365 Outlook data locally
Mailbox Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Server.
Since it is more convenient and flexible to use Microsoft Office 365 online tools and services, the risk of losing access to the data increases, as it is stored in the cloud.
Even with the industry leading Office 365, Exchange Server backup or Cached Exchange Mode (enabled by user) there are many cases where users will have no access to the data
or the process of restoring will take a significant amount of time.
These cases are
- Office 365 or Hosted Exchange data outages and maintenance; (there is no hosting provider, including Microsoft, that can guarantee 100% data availability at this time)
- Lost Internet Connection;
- Accidental deletion of the data (Contacts, Calendar Events, Tasks, Email messages);
- Limited time to restore data from Exchange Server or Office 365;
- Migration from/to Microsoft Exchange server or Office 365.
All of the above requires local OST and PST files backup on users' PCs or to network backup server.
Safe PST Backup
- a complimentary software backup solution for Office 365 and Exchange, allowing to create data backups for Microsoft Outlook users manually or automatically, and store them on the local network server.
By using Safe PST Backup
and OST PST Viewer
- Create automatic Microsoft Outlook Office 365 data backups as PST and OST files, select any storage location and access them offline at any time (in case there’s no internet connection or Office 365 service is temporary unavailable);
- Backup archived (old) PST files, that are not automatically backed up in the cloud;
- Backup PST and OST files that are stored only locally and not in the cloud;
- Backup PST and OST files and view your data locally on any PC, where Microsoft Outlook or OST PST Viewer is running;
- View content of backed up PST and OST files without restoring or opening them in Microsoft Outlook.
Once Office 365 / Exchange data backups are safely stored on a local drive and/or a local server, access and preview of data offline is available at any time, and can be used backups for data recovery when necessary.
Restore Office 365 Outlook data from the selected history point.
The "backup history" feature of Safe PST Backup allows creating several full backup files with an option to restore Office 365 Outlook data from the selected backup point.
You can simply import the backup PST file by following Microsoft Outlook “Import and Export Wizard”. This could be done on the same machine or you can copy the PST file to another computer and import it into Outlook, moving all Outlook data from one PC to another. You can also add the backup file as a folder to your Outlook and avoid merging the content with your current Outlook data.
Check out our PST Merger tool for your Microsoft Outlook data import. It makes it easy to merge multiple Outlook personal folders data, copy or move the content from archived files into an existing or new PST file.